- This match is designed to simulate demanding “field” shooting scenarios. The match is designed to be fast-paced, fun, and safe, with competitors’ down-time kept to a minimum.
- Four (4) 50 shot strings. Each string will have a challenging time limit, to be determined.
- Each string consists of eight known distance arrays of reactive steel target from 50-210y. Each array consists of multiple 1MOA -5MOA targets – with a few smaller.
- One shot per target. No sighters, although there will be a brief sight-in period prior to match start.
- Four shooting positions: Prone, and three non-prone positions that will vary from match-to-match.
- One 50 shot string will be shot from each position. 200 round match total.
- Bolt action repeater or semi-auto rifle – in .22LR only – with detachable box magazines.
- Competitors must have enough magazines to shoot a 50 shot string, e.g. 10×5, 5×10, 2×25 or some combination thereof. You will likely not have enough time to refill mags during the string.
- 200 rounds ammo, plus what you want for sight in.
- Magnified optics with target turrets, and/or reticle with holdover values.
- Your Elevation Drop Values/D.O.P.E. from 50-210y, written down and handy.
- Bipod or other front support, e.g. rucksack.
- Rear bag and/or other positional support bags, based on personal preference. Shooting mat.
- Tripod or standing sticks. (If you do not have these you may borrow from other competitors.)
Match Times, Location, and Fees:
- March-November (9 matches/year), on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
- 0730 – Setup. 0815 – Sign in/Sight in. 0845 – Mandatory Safety Brief. 0900 – Match begins. 1200-1300
–Projected end time. Location: BRC South Range 200y.
- $20.00 Match Fee (non-members). $10.00 Match Fee (members). Cash only.
Important Signup Information:
- MANDATORY ADVANCE MATCH SIGNUP REQUIRED via PRACTISCORE.
- Link here: https://practiscore.com/clubs/boulder_rifle_club_long_range_rimfire_match
- BRC members will have access to priority advance signup, beginning on the first of the month prior to each match (e.g., February 1 for the March match, etc.), using your current BRC Newsletter password.
- Advance signup will open for non-members three weeks prior to each match.
- Match is currently limited to twelve (12) shooters.
- If you show up to the match and did not sign up in advance, and the match is full, you will not be allowed to shoot.
- If you have signed up for a match and need to cancel, please log in to Practiscore again and navigate to “Request to Withdraw.” This will open up your slot to another competitor.
- Sam Pratt, Match Director. Email: BRCLongRangeRF@gmail.com