- This match is designed to simulate demanding “field” and “hostage” shooting scenarios. The match is designed to be fast-paced, fun, and safe, with competitors’ down-time kept to a minimum.
- Eight (8) 25 shot strings, shot from different positions, which will vary from match-to-match.
- Each string will have a challenging time limit.
- The current course of fire is eight arrays of self-resetting steel targets at 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, and 210y. Each array consists of multiple 1/4-5MOA targets.
- One shot per target. There will be a brief zero check/sight-in period prior to match start.
- 200 round match total.
- Bolt action repeater or semi-auto rifle – in .22LR only – with detachable box magazines.
- Competitors must have enough magazines to shoot a 25 shot string, e.g. 5×5, 3×10, 1×25 or some combination thereof. You will not have enough time to refill mags during your string.
- 200 rounds ammo, plus what you want for sight in.
- Magnified optics with target turrets, elevation and windage hash mark, and/or reticle with holdover values. Max power >10x. You will not be allowed to shoot the match with a CQB red dot sight.
- Your Elevation Drop Values/D.O.P.E. from 50-210y, written down and handy.
- Bipod or other front support, e.g. rucksack.
- Rear bag and/or other positional support bags, based on personal preference. Shooting mat.
- Tripod or standing sticks. (If you do not have these you may borrow from other competitors).
Match Times, Location, and Fees:
- March-November (9 matches/year), on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
- 0730 – Setup. 0815 – Sign in/Sight in. 0845 – Mandatory Safety Brief. 0900 – Match begins. 1200-1300 – Projected end time. Location: BRC South Range 200y.
- $20.00 Match Fee (non-members). $10.00 Match Fee (members). Cash only.
Important Signup Information:
- MANDATORY ADVANCE MATCH SIGNUP REQUIRED via PRACTISCORE.
- Link here: https://practiscore.com/clubs/boulder_rifle_club_long_range_rimfire_match
- Signup opens three weeks prior to each match.
- Match is currently limited to twelve (12) shooters.
- If you show up to the match and did not sign up in advance, and the match is full, you will not be allowed to shoot.
- Sam Pratt, Match Director.