The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Through this course, the students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities. The Basic Pistol Course will also certify you to take the NRA Basic Pistol Instructor class coming up at the BRC this year.
- Gun safety and storage.
- Types of firearms and their parts.
- Magazines, ammunition, and sights.
- What to expect on the range.
- What you need at the range.
- Cleaning your gun.
- Shooting qualifications.
- This class is 10 hours, spread over 3 days.
- There is live firing in the class.
- Owning a handgun is not a requirement for taking this class.
- There will be various revolvers and autoloading handguns for you to try.
- Please do not bring a handgun to the first class.
- BRC members/First Responders/Veterans: $75
- Non-members: $100