This course meets Colorado State requirements for Concealed Carry
To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for the safe and proper use of handgun and to provide information on the citizen’s right of self-defense. If you do not already have a handgun we will have various revolvers and semiautomatics available for you to try. Students will fire the guns and learn how to clean and care for them. Topics relevant to personal protection in and away from home are discussed.
- The importance of avoiding confrontation.
- Alternatives to lethal force.
- Planning for confrontations which might occur.
- Attitudes, thinking, and safety for self-defense.
- The role of handguns in personal protection.
A law enforcement officer or a lawyer will teach the lesson on firearms and the law.
- This class is 9 hours, spread over 3 days.
- There is live firing in the class.
- Owning a handgun is not a requirement for taking this class.
- There will be various revolvers and autoloading handguns for you to try.
- Please do not bring a handgun to the first class.
- BRC members/First Responders/Veterans: $75
- Non-members: $100
- Discount given if more than one family member attends class
This class will meet on 3 days for a total of 9 hours.
Weekday classes are held 6:30-9:30 PM